The following truths, we believe, are central to a Christian education and it is our desire
to"bring them alive" in the entire school program:
1. God is Creator and Sustainer of all things and the Source of all truth. (Psalm 104, Colossians 1:15-17)
2. Man was created in God's image but chose to rebel against God. His rebellion brought all men under the dominion of sin. (Genesis 1:27, Romans 3:23)
3. God provided a means of regenerating man and restoring him unto Himself. He sent His Son, Jesus Christ, to be the sacrifice for that sin. Therefore, each student is encouraged to receive Christ as his personal Savior and as the Lord in his life. (Proverbs 9:10) As a ministry of First Baptist Church Dunnellon, we believe our unity is found in the Person of Jesus Christ whom we see as "the way, the truth, and the life" according to John 14:6. Man's eternal salvation is solely dependent on Christ's all-sufficient work on the cross. (Ephesians 2:8-9, Titus 3:5)
4. The real Teacher in our lives as believers is the indwelling Holy Spirit by whose work Christ‑like character is developed. An important part of our curriculum emphasizes the development of biblical character qualities. (Romans 8:26-30, Galatians 5:22-23)
5. The Bible is the authoritative, inerrant, sufficient Word of God. It permeates our academic teaching since all truth is seen ultimately as God's truth. (II Timothy 3:16-17, II Peter 1:21) For example, history is viewed as "His story," the workings of a sovereign, omnipotent God. Science is the study of His marvelous world, created by Him, and of man, who was created in His image. Each academic area is looked at within the perspective of His Word and with the ever present questions, "What is God's way in this?" or "What does God have for us to learn and apply?" We strive for biblical integration in all areas of study.